SUBSIDIARY EDUCATION SUBSIDY PROGRAM- NOW OPEN
This program is set up to provide school fee assistance to support children from Gas, Petroleum and Mining project impacted areas to complete their tertiary education in PNG and are recognized by the National Training Council (NTC) and is recommended by the MRDC board. .
- Will cover tution and boarding fees
- Can be either a full or partial scholarshop
MRDC recognizes that education is the single most powerful and effective investment that has the ability to drive positive change and improve the quality of life for the project impacted people and provide support to access tertiary education.
Priority Areas of Study
- Science & Technology
- Business & Economics
- Tourism & Hospitality
- Social Studies
- Religion & Vocational Studies
- 16th October 2023 – Education Subsidy Opens
- 2nd February 2024 – Education Program Closes
- 31st March 2024 – Announcement of successful applicants
To be eligible for this scholarship award, the applicant has to meet these criteria:
1. Be a direct beneficiary
- From Project area defined by the project MOAs
- Tribe of origin
- ILG or Clan
2.Application form has to be fully completed and supported or endorsed by the ILG/Clan Chairman.
3. Must complete Grade 12.
4. Must be an existing or is accepted to attend a government recognized tertiary education institution recognized by National Training Council (NTC) and preferred by MRDC
4. Must have the minimum entry level qualifications if you are attending or is accepted to attend a technical trade or vocational institution.
5. A Police Clearance Letter is optional at this time.
1. Be a member of a beneficiary clan or ILG from any of the following resource project areas of:
- Ok Tedi Mine Villages (MRSM)
- Moran Oil Project
- Gobe Oil Project
- Kutubu Oil Project
- PNGLNG Plant Site Villages
- PNGLNG Pipeline Segment 1 – 7
- Hides 4
2. Be an existing student in a tertiary institution or has been accepted to attend a tertiary institution;
3. Provide a Letter of Acceptance or a confirmation letter from the institution;
4. Provide a Character Reference Letter from any of the three:
- Local Ward Councilor
- Local Pastor
- Local School Teacher
5.Applicants for technical, trades and vocational training must have a minimum entry – level qualification
The Selction Process for this program is as follows:
- completed applications received will be registered
- Application will be vetted by the Scholarship Selection Committee who will ensure that the application is fully endorsed. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- a. After vetting is completed, successful application will be screened for selection.
- Once the applicant is successful, an Offer Letter, Contract and Student Detail Form will be sent to the Successful candidate.
- Only successful applicants will be contacted via email or telephone.
List of Preferred Institutions for 2024
2.Teacher Training Colleges
3. Nursing Colleges
4. Agriculture Institutions
5. Technical and Business Colleges
6. Other Institutions
How to Apply
For scholarship queries, contact us at